Advantages of Open MRI for Orthopaedic Patients
Open MRI Mt. Pleasant delivers more comfortable body positioning for orthopaedic patients than what is typically possible in a tube-style machine. The 1.2 Tesla high-definition magnet also provides image quality that was previously not available in an open MRI.
- Unlimited lateral opening accommodates the broadest patients with easier positioning, easier tolerance
- Wrists and elbows are now imaged more comfortably at the patient’s side
- Shoulder coil and open magnet allow easy shoulder positioning for optimal visualization
- Techniques are available for capturing images near prostheses
- Lateral table movement allows the body part of interest to be centered in the magnetic field for sharper image quality (see illustration)